Most of the times, printer problems occur during highly critical times. Today we are going to assist you with the steps to troubleshoot your Canon printer if it stopped printing and you are using your computer, smartphone or tablet to print documents.
Canon printers can work for several years and are capable of printing thousands of documents but at times they can stop working or malfunction completely. Sometimes one may face printing issues due to almost zero mistakes such as underuse of the printer. The printer looks great when they are in a functional state but they look worst when they are not working. It can be extremely frustrating sometimes when you face general issues with your printer.
Why Canon Won’t Print –
There could be Hundreds of reasons why your printer is not printing. Like Inkjet printers are ideal of everyday printing But you don’t use the Canon Inkjet printer often enough they may stop functioning. It can cause printer issues such as blocked ink nozzles, print head issues, etc. Overuse of inkjet printers is far less common than the underuse of the printer. Sometimes, paperclips, pieces of papers, hair bands can fall into the printer causing paper jams and worst.
First of all, start with the basic troubleshooting such as-
- check for any error message on the printer panel display or computer screen if the printer is connected to the computer.
- check for any warning lamp flashing or lit up as it may be a sign of internal printer error such as paper jam.
- make sure there is no stray paper in the tray, make sure the ink cartridges are not empty,
- in case of hardwired Connection Please Check if the USB cable is properly connected to the printer
- if you are Connected with Wireless Network Then check if computer and printer are not disconnected from WIFI that you’re Using to Print Wirelessly.
- Reboot the Printer & Wireless Router Both & check if it Works & to Ensure it Print a Test Document to check the status.
Fix Canon Printer Offline issues-
there could be many instances in which you may find Your Printer Offline. Know What may cause Canon to Go Offline-
- Loose & Disconnected USB Or Wireless Connection
- Change in Network Or Router Settings Can Also Make Printer Offline
- Non Activity Or Slow Internet (Frequent Connection)
- The Canon printer is Not Set As Default Printer.
- Firmware Updates Available for Printer Or Router
- Incompatible Printer Driver Or Virtual Printer Copy
Let’s See How You Could Fix the problem-
Network Reset –
If you are using a wireless printer and suddenly the printer is showing offline, you need to connect the printer directly to the computer via USB cable. Perform the “Network Reset” using the network setup wizard from the printer control panel and then initiate the “Wireless Setup Wizard” to connect the printer back to the network.
Set Canon As Default Printer –
Ensure that correct printer is selected as a default – Sometimes when you install any third party software such as PDF creation tools, it may add a virtual copy of the printer in the control panel and that Virtual printer is set as default automatically by the computer. Therefore, when you try to print a document, it gives you options like to “save a file or document” in your computer’s local drive instead of sending the document for printing by the installed Canon printer.
To check that no other virtual copy or incompatible printer drivers are installed, you need to go to the “Control Panel”, then click on “printers and devices” and make a right click on the correct printer installed and then choose “set as a default” option.
While doing that ensure that printer status is set to “Ready”, if not there may be an internal problem with the printer such as lost connection, ink cartridges issue, Paper feed rollers issue and much more.
After setting the default printer, make sure the correct printer is checked marked, from where you are trying to print from. If you are using a windows based computer, Microsoft has an inbuilt printer troubleshoot utility that may assist you to find and fix the most of the issues. For using the Microsoft device troubleshooter, you need to make a right click on the printer and select the “Troubleshoot” option and follow the steps provided by the utility and your printer will be in working state as usual.
If you are still facing issues, then you need to check for ink cartridges as they should not be empty and run the printer setup again from the scratch after performing “factory default reset” and then try to print documents.
Read More- How to Setup canon Printer
Hope all of this may help you understand & rectify the issue. Let us know what you think of this Solution.
Comment Below & let us know if you need more help regarding Canon Problems